The Hanwha Systems ICT Division Smart Building Project can realize the smart work and green energy building by the convergence of the cutting-edge IT solutions and building automation
technologies. In particular, the Eagle IBS solution independently developed by Hanwha Systems ICT Division integrates the individual Building Automation (BA), Total Security (TS) and ICT
infrastructure (TC) to realize the smart building operation and management and save the building operation cost.
- BABA & Energy Saving | Building Automation
- Web-based single monitoring and control
system for the intelligent building operation
- System Integration (SI),
integrated monitoring system
- Mobile-based facility management system (FMS)
- Machine and facility control
- Power / lightings control
- Building Energy Management System (BEMS)
- Big data-based analysis solution
- TSTotal Security
- Set up the intelligent monitoring
system to enhance the security
- Intelligent CCTV, access control
- Parking monitoring, parking point
- Visitor management system
- Network security system
- High-speed system infrastructure
- Office Automation
(IoT, groupware, cloud)
- IT exchanger system
- Building guidance system
- Integrated wiring, CATV,
- SMART WORK
- Provide the Bring Your Own
Device (BYOD) environment
- Wireless network setup
- Video-conference system, AV,
- Cloud and big data-based
- IBS-Integrated SI (Intelligent Building System)
System which integrates and manages various and independent BAS like the facility,
power and lightings controls in the building into a single system
Integrated monitoring and control, system link, alarm, etc.
- Mobile FMS (Facility Management System)
Working system for the facility manager and operation team which computerizes the
working schedule, output registration, facility status and material status for the systematic operation
Work management, facility management, lease management, etc.
- Building Automation System (BAS)
System controlling / monitoring major building components like the HVAC, power and lightings with the computer (mainly dependent on the manufacturer and implemented with the single application)
Single monitoring / control
- Building Energy Management System (BEMS)
Analyze the data from the AMI and IBS and find the energy-saving elements for the overall management
(Provide regular consulting and report analysis service after the setup)
Energy analysis, energy consumption visualization, energy use report
- Integrated Security System
Set up the intelligent security system for the access control to internal / external personnel and the intelligent CCTV for the best security service
Real-time monitoring (access control, CCTV), access history check, etc.
- IT Infrastrucutre
Set up the ultra high-speed network for the SMART WORK and
enhance the working efficiency by the wireless LAN environment
BYOD, videoconferencing, wireless LAN, etc.
- Upgrade the building value by the
intelligent building realization
- Secure the efficiency and feasibility
in the building maintenance
- Enhance work working efficiency by the
ultra high-speed network environment
The Smart Factory Project of Hanwha Systems ICT Division is to implement the predictable factory based on the data. The project combines various cutting-edge technologies based on the
factory automation and information projects from various Hanwha factories for a long time and contributes to the efficient factory with the virtuous circle of 'Connection (detection) - Analysis - Prediction - Implementation'.
- [Level 3 (Management)]
- Factory intelligence area including the MES and various systems and solution area for the efficient factory operation and management
- [Level 2 (Control)]
- Control system area in the factory including the facility control, PLC, DCS, CIM, HMI and SCADA
- [Level 1 (Field)]
- Production and manufacturing facility, process logistics facility, utility facility, sensors installed with the facility, robot,
AGV (Automatic Guided Vehicle), device and field area in the factory like the actuator
Smart Factory main business field
- Consulting service to set up plan-based efficiency factory and IT master plan for the factory
- 1) Short-term consulting: Consulting to find out improvements and solution to certain area of the factory and issues within 4 weeks
- 2) Factory ISP: IT strategic plan and PI consulting for the factory IT and OT
- Setup service including the prior review on the introduction of the factory layer-specific systems and solutions
- IT and OT outsourcing service for the efficient operation
- [Industrial IoT]
- IoT service to solve various data sensing and network problems in the field & control level for the data collection and set up the real-time data collection system for the management area expansion
- System setup service in the area of the preservation for the purpose of various process quality analysis and forecasting-based facility preservation from the production process
- Service for reviewing the introduction of technologies like the machine learning, mobile device, AR, VR and 3D for the factory intelligence
- Contribute to the efficient production by the
standardization and integration of the factory
process, IT and OT systems
- Set up the real-time factory
decision-making system based
on the data
- Set up mid- and long-term efficient factory
operation to implement systematic and
sustainable factory operation
Welearning, the education business brand of Hanwha Systems ICT Division, provides the platform setup and lease and smart learning services based on the smart learning platform (H-Platform)
combining latest training trend and cutting-edge technologies. The system prioritizes the HR development for the actual performance improvement of the company,
provides systems and contents and has provided experiences stable and successful HRD service support with more than 1,000 partners since it began providing the training
service in 2001.
Also, the company has the largest number of local contents amounting to 10,000 and provides practical and distinct smart learning services through the contents curation
service or strong tailor-made service.
Welearning provides the integrated training solution from the formal learning like the
online/offline training and contents development, HRD solution development /
setup to the informal learning and supports the performance-oriented and distinct
solutions by the combination of IT and training contents.
Welearning has led the edutech market with the combination of various
cutting-edge IT technologies and training like the smart training center (H-Platform),
Social Learning, Content Curation and Augmented Reality (AR) and kept upgrading
customer competitiveness and values.
It is the creative solution to nurture future HR with the all-in-one system which supports online, in-house, site and personal training.
Any Time, Any DeviceLinked training online and offline
Study any time and
Active LearningActive learning in the group training
like discussions and group activities
Contents ToolSite-centered on-time learning
production with flip-learning
training and design
Customer-Made TrainingCManagement based on
Tailor-made training through
The H-Platform is provided with 2 models including the customizing service which reflects the systems and features of the customer and the
leasing service with the ASP for the application.
System and service diagram
Hanwha Systems ICT Division provides the capacity diagnosis system consists of the E-HRD system which provides various training supports and effectively manages the learning contents and the capacity diagnosis service which diagnoses capacities of employees and directors to set up the effective CDP/IDP.
The company contains the largest amount of contents in Korea in the aspect of the E-HRD and capacity diagnosis system setup,
sets up and provide the E-HRD and capacity diagnosis system for the flexible and efficient handling of the environment change as a specialist in the training system.
E-HRD system diagram
- Hanwha Systems ICT Division provides the ASP service to about 1,000 commissioned training customers and customized lease service for systems and features of each customer.
- The ASP service consists of 2 models like the integrated service with the commissioned training and the leasing service only with the cyber training center and provides stable services 24-7 based on the management system by system engineers.
- [Status of major customers]
- HRD consulting (Capacity diagnosis and analysis, HRD planning and training system)
- Training service and integration HRD (HRD BPO) service for training companies (B2B)
- Curriculum services like the finance, MBA, business administration, core, legal requirement, IT, certificate, human studies and languages
- Develop, lease and sell e-Learning contents
- e-Learning outsourcing service
- Plan, develop and provide in-house training
Welearning provides the HRD total solution to contribute to upgrading the business performance based on the combination of the IT and training. The customer can implement
and manage smart learning with Welearning solutions and provide training in line with the latest trend.
In particular, the H-Platform or the smart learning center system is the creative training solution to nurture future HR for the company and is the flip-learning platform which
combines the 'online learning - teaching system' and 'offline discussion - participation learning'.
The customer can shift the unidirectional training where the customer only receives contents to the self-driven learning through the H-Platform. The platform has 2 types
like the tailor-made system for the system setup in line with the customer strategy or ASP lease for the cost effectiveness. The customer can select the system depending on the
preference for effective and performance-oriented HRD.
Hanwha Systems ICT Division Smart Work brings the culture for the smart work. The system utilizes IT technologies to eliminate inefficiencies from the working culture and environment and
sets up the real-time communication and collaboration environment with no time / spatial restrictions. The company upgrades the productivity and efficiency through the
real-time performance and communication by eliminating the border of workplace, working space and time and the employee can upgrade the satisfaction with the balance
of the work and life.
*See Example Go to PR Gallery
The system implements the mobility, real-time communication and productive collaboration to eliminate the working inefficiencies and set up the mobility-based working
space, working culture and system to upgrade the productivity.
Wireless environment, mobile groupware based on the user convenience, consulting on variable seats, spatial composition consulting
- [Wireless environment]
- Hanwha Systems ICT Division sets up the systematic wireless environment to form the unique working environment any time and anywhere. The system provides rapid and efficient work and safe environment from various threats in the reliable security environment.
Wireless environment setup
- Wireless network
- Wireless controller (redundancy)
- - Automate and control wireless setup and management
- - Provide efficient roaming and data backup(log analysis, shadow area, etc.)
- AP(Access Point)
- - Use Internet service with no additional network setup
- - Keep Internet service consistency through roaming
- WIPS (wireless security)
- WIPS : Wireless Intrusion Prevention System (redundancy)
- - Wireless threat detection and control on the wireless network infrastructure
- - Malicious AP and client ad-hoc connection detection and control
- - Wireless cracking detection and wireless infrastructure service monitoring
- BYOD (wireless authentication)
- BYOD : Bring Your Own Device
- - User integration authentication management (AD account)
- - Device management
- - Web-based wireless infrastructure use
- Wireless NMS (wireless monitoring)
- NMS : Network Management System
- - Integrated monitoring from network to wireless devices
- - Connection performance for areas / devices and real-time troubleshooting
- Hanwha Systems ICT Division Smart Work introduces the variable seat system to eliminate the spatial inefficiency from the designated seat system and forms the space for effectiveness, creativity, simplicity, smooth communication, work flow and privacy.
- Also, the system provides the mobile environment which secures the working continuity during the movement for the real-time collaboration. The employees and directors can use
applications for each function like the email, approval and board in the mobile environment and save desired applications and contents through the mobile portal. Also,
all the applications can be downloaded from Hanwha App Store for easy and convenient use.
Develop 7 Apps
Set up the integrated system for the schedule / email / meeting management, online / mobile communication and messenger for multiple meetings
Hanwha Systems ICT Division Smart Work sets up the messenger system for various communication channels like the video conference, chatting and messenger for the environment with rapid communication and collaboration regardless of the location.
- [Integrated system for schedule / mail / meeting management]
- Hanwha Systems ICT Division smart work enables simple and rapid schedule shearing and online meeting convention through the integrated management system.
- [Online / mobile, multi-lateral communication system]
- Hanwha Systems ICT Division smart work provides the messenger system for various ways of dialogs like the videoconference, chatting and messenger and provides the fast communication and cooperation environment regardless of the location.
Multi-lateral meeting messenger
Set up the cloud-based collaboration system
- [Cloud-based collaboration system]
- Hanwha Systems ICT Division Smart Work enables the real-time collaboration and sharing through the clear working instruction, data search, expert search and SNS and realizes the communication among various stakeholders in the online space.
The system can create performance through changing working environment like making working information asset, horizontal communication among stakeholders and
upgrading work speed and quality.
- Effective use of workspace
- Work consistency and mobility
- Save operating cost
- 25% more working space (540m2 → 700m2)
- 45% more capacity (90 → 130)
- Save office lease
- Save wired network setup from organization reshuffling
- Save time for meeting preparation
- Improve meeting culture through schedule sharing
- Quicker work process and decision-making
- Less time for meeting preparation
- 38.8 hours / person per year2)
(document collaboration /
sharing, SNS, expert searching)
- Save time for report collection and report
- Make company task asset
- Easy searching for information and experts to upgrade
- SNS for more communication among employees
- Work process improvement and speed
- Less document production of 55,000 per month from
document distribution improvement
- Less document printout (192 → 44 per capita for 8 months)
- Formal upgrade by 20% (MS)
- Informal upgrade by 14% (MS)
- Immediate meeting beyond time and space
- Less long-distance travel and save travelling time
- Quick response to issues and events
- 5 – 30% less for long-distance travel
- Videoconference between HQ and local sites to save 30m
KRW and 600 hours a year
- Save wired telephone construction from organizational reshuffling
- Save 28 minutes / day / person for communication (MS)
- Note 1) POSCO, Microsoft Korea smart work (Source: Best practice of smart work in 2012 – KITA)
- Note 2) S&C meeting preparation survey and survey by Women’s Newspaper in December 11, 2015
Hanwha Systems ICT Division systematically manages the water purification facility, sewage treatment facility and waste process with ICT and cutting-edge processes. The integrated environment management system of the company upgrades the value of nature with eco-friendly methods to provide clean and fresh water and restore the circulation system in the nature.
There have been changes in the legal system to preserve the fresh water and natural environment in Korea and now, it is very important to secure solutions to more stable and cost-effective water treatment.
The total solution of Hanwha Systems ICT Division effectively manages and integrates the water for communities and sufficiently supplies the fresh and clean water.
The water quality standard for the water drainage from the simple public sewage treatment facility was newly established and implemented in July 2014 to prevent streams and rivers from the contamination due to illegal discharge of the sewage with contaminants in the rain. The HGJ-R process co-developed by Hanwha Systems ICT Division and Gyeongju City quickly purifies the incoming rainwater within 15 minutes and is the most effectively solution so far.
Suspended substance (SS) treatment efficiency
In December 2011, the waste disposal into the ocean was strongly prohibited at the international level as the ocean environment management regulations were revised by the London Protocol and it was totally prohibited from disposal of the livestock excretions and wastewater into the ocean. The HMP process of Hanwha Systems ICT Division (000, high concentration treatment) is the natural purification with microbes and efficiently, safely and cost-effectively improves the water quality.
- No odor
- No worry of complaints due to without odor Save construction and management costs with no need of facilities eliminating odor
- Hazardous germ removal
- Save construction and operation costs with no disinfection process
- Less sludge
- Save operation cost from less sludge generation
- CH4 increase
- More than 0.4㎥/kg COD of the bio gas Stable gas generation
Save more than 30% of cost compared to other processes in the aspect of chemicals and power cost
Treatment efficiency table
||Discharged water (mg/L)
||Removal efficiency (%)
Data measured from January to December 2015
Smart Security & Monitoring
Hanwha Systems ICT Division contributes to building safe cities and countries through its Integrated Security Platform which interates element technologies of latest IoT,
big data and intelligent surveillance analysis. Hanwha Systems ICT Division provides the safe security platform in the situation where the security gains more importance due to increasing the
security threat like the requirement for protecting major infrastructure like the electricity, water and gas, overpopulation in the city, increasing violent crimes, border disputes,
increasing and protection of terrorism.
- Manage elements threatening the security through the event / alarm configuration
- Apply the Standard Operation Procedure (SOP) to define the response in the case of threatening security
for standardized operation.
- Integrate the CCTV and access control gate, as well as 3rd party security devices like the radar, sonar and intrusion detection.
- Provide the IoT-based device connectivity for flexible expansion in the security function.
- Integrate and analyze individual information including the intelligent image analysis, sound analysis and facial recognition to
minimize the detection error
- Extract features of the tracking entity, combine them with the geographical information and provide the linked tracking for the subject